One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The name of a family of Italian painters in Venice, including Jacopo (c.1400–70) and his sons Gentile (c.1429–1507) and Giovanni (c.1430–1516).
A cocktail consisting of peach juice mixed with champagne.
- ‘And if youre on a tight budget you can cheat by using a good quality Cava or sparkling wine to make the delicious Bellinis.’
- ‘You can only make the best patio drink ever, the Bellini, with white peach purée.’
- ‘They make the best Bellinis, refreshing in summer, and for winter some of the most full flavored red wines, an outstanding complement to the food.’
- ‘He mixed us up a couple of his signature Bellinis from fresh peach juice and Prosecco - these cool and refreshing drinks were the perfect cappers for a warm and leisurely afternoon.’
- ‘Sip signature Bellinis, a bubbly marriage of peach juice and champagne, then ‘follow up with a gondola ride.’’
- ‘It has great views, particularly in the summer, and they serve the best bellinis around.’
- ‘Everyone has commented on the venue and the delicious bellinis and vast selection of 'nibbles' were very popular!’
- ‘The Bellinis are to die for and the dry Martinis are the best, just don't ask for a beer or a glass of wine at the bar… they don't do them.’
- ‘One favorite at Red Square with a spring feel is the Bolshevik Bellini (champagne, peach vodka and peach schnapps).’
- ‘Cuttlefish ink risotto is the traditional dish of the city, and be sure to order a Bellini cocktail before dining.’
- ‘I was brought up as a child of luxury, where the doorman at the Hassler carried your umbrella and the barman at the Cipriani remembered exactly how my mother liked her Bellini.’
- ‘Ask for a Martini or a Bellini and see if they can deliver on their golden promise.’
- ‘Their Bellinis are world-class, and well worth the price tag, especially considering the classically beautiful surroundings, and excellent service.’
- ‘I sipped on my Bellini, taking in the sumptuous ambience.’
- ‘The Bellinis, reportedly made correctly with Italian sparkling wine, Prosecco, and peach puree weren't knockout.’
- ‘We had lots of fun and ordered a Bellini in a fishbowl (it's basically the size of 3 or 4 Bellinis served in an actual fishbowl with two straws, lots of fun).’
- ‘I felt transported and wished I could be there sipping a bellini and taking in the feel of spring!’
- ‘Olive Garden's drink menu also features two frozen Bellinis (peach and strawberry) along with those classic favorites, daiquiris and frozen margaritas.’
- ‘Being a cocktail fiend myself, my friend and I tried a couple from the short list of Bellinis available.’
- ‘Here, you might sit on the terrace, sipping a Bellini, watching men in white suits and women with snaky hips and pursed lips.’
From the name of the Venetian painter Giovanni Bellini: the cocktail is said to have been invented in Venice during a major exhibition of the artist's work in 1948.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.