One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There was a very real danger that the spire would collapse onto bell-ringers and those walking below.’
- ‘So Lori would run up ahead of us, trying to gain the coveted spot of bell-ringer and first soprano.’
- ‘The bell-ringers of St James’ had that same day taken part in another county-wide act of appreciation and appeal.’
- ‘In the morning, when Congress assembled, the bell-ringer went to his post, having placed his boy below to announce when the Declaration was adopted, that his bell might be the first to peal forth the glad tidings.’
- ‘Another reason to feel distress about this matter is the effect it would have on the dedicated bands of bell-ringers who regularly practise this traditional art and help celebrate events such as weddings or christenings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.