One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The theory that human and animal behavior can be explained in terms of conditioning, without appeal to thoughts or feelings, and that psychological disorders are best treated by altering behavior patterns.
- ‘Probably, monogamy is not our natural state; the lessons of animal behaviourism and biology seem to indicate this.’
- ‘Like cognitive psychology, activity theory rejects behaviourism and attaches great significance to the cognitive regulation of behaviour.’
- ‘Perhaps the shift from behaviorism to cognitive psychology has given educators a richer vocabulary to describe mental processes.’
- ‘Especially in North America, behaviorism dominated the psychological scene through the 1950s.’
- ‘Psychologists use many different theories - cognitive theory, behaviourism and dynamic theory are just a few.’
- 1.1 Treatment using the practical application of the theory of behaviorism.
- ‘He invented the belief that one can cure an autistic child by using behaviorism.’
- ‘For years, teachers have been using behaviorism in the form of punishments and rewards to maintain order in their classrooms.’
- ‘Not surprisingly, military learning commences on the basis of behaviourism.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.