One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The methods and principles of the science of animal (and human) behavior.
- ‘His approach is a mix of animal behavioralism and human psychology with a little eastern philosophy and spirituality thrown in.’
- ‘To teach parents using psychological behavioralism?’
- ‘But both theories are grounded in behavioralism.’
- 1.1 Advocacy of or adherence to a behavioral approach to social phenomena.
- ‘Now there's a name for this kind of approach in political science - behavioralism.’
- ‘Behavioralism established an agreed upon methodology (modeled after the natural sciences) which was (ostensibly) value free and emphasized quantification toward the end of generating covering laws to aid in predicting political behavior.’
- ‘But what I do know is that behavioralism doesn't undermine law and economics - if anything, it enriches it.’
- ‘In some respects, the so-called new institutionalism was a rebellion against behaviouralism.’
- ‘By exploring the nature of power, some of the weaknesses of the objective analysis of behaviouralism can be identified.’
- ‘Secondly, behavioralism is one of the best research objects to understand the nature of political science and conceptual change within the discipline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.