One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But he was the real begetter of the Human Rights Act, and above all a defender of the judges.’
- ‘Such conviction is the begetter of culture and history.’
- ‘She was not the only begetter of this programme, but she dramatized its urgency.’
- ‘However, he cannot properly be seen as the begetter of international law.’
- ‘New Lanark, the most famous early mill village, was created and run by its begetter, Robert Owen, with a blend of benevolence and authoritarianism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.