One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Express polite apology.‘I beg your pardon for intruding’
what did you say, what, eh, i beg your pardon, beg pardon, sorry, excuse me, say againView synonyms
- ‘It was stupid, I have no excuse, and I beg your pardon.’
- ‘‘Oops, pardon me,’ she excused herself from a conversation with Michael and Mr. Fincher and stepped outside the door.’
- ‘We don't know precisely what happened - pardon me - OK, my apology.’
- ‘And that's exactly the fish we can expect to catch with our thoroughly feminine lure - pardon me, madam.’
- ‘I am sorry, I beg your pardon - it is not referred to in the prospectus.’
- ‘I beg your pardon Sir, please excuse me.’
- ‘In need of emotional support, Aidan clung to Ellen's hand and carefully maneuvered through the sea of tables, saying, ‘Excuse me, pardon me,’ left and right.’
- ‘Right, I thought it was magnifying, I beg your pardon, I am sorry.’
- ‘Oh, pardon me, I'm not too coordinated, I'm afraid.’
- ‘He basically offers surety, your Honour - I am sorry, Cummins - I beg your pardon, your Honour, I am thinking ahead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.