One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A garden, typically one attached to a bar or tavern, where beer is served.
- ‘Then head for the beer garden overlooking the sea.’
- ‘Out the back, my friend's voices rise merrily above the beer garden.’
- ‘Enjoy a drink in the pub, or lounge in the beer garden.’
- ‘The back garden is used as a beer garden and contains a seating area and separate toilets.’
- ‘A beer garden has recently been built at the back.’
- ‘In the evening there was a BBQ dinner for many of the people attending the conference, held in the beer garden at the back of the Hotel.’
- ‘A big party had been organised in a beer garden for thursday night, and everyone was going, so we went to an Italian restaurant and then karaoke instead.’
- ‘Hopefully I can find a beer garden and enjoy my Bulmers in peace.’
- ‘Great food, an awesome beer garden, well-stocked bar and the service is excellent’
- ‘We decided to visit one of the big pubs in the area and sat in the leafy beer garden by the water, eating fresh seafood and chips.’
- ‘It is a spacious, well laid-out pub, with a cosy beer garden out back.’
- ‘When they reopened, everything was cream and beige, the bar had moved, and the beer garden had been expanded.’
- ‘The Village Inn has a wonderful beer garden and decking area, which allow you to sit outside and drink in the view - along with a pint or two.’
- ‘Manuel occasionally organises charity quiz nights and there is a beer garden for balmy summer days.’
- ‘With its large beer garden and patio full of play equipment for children, it is also ideal for a run out from the city for a family pub lunch.’
- ‘The river flows past the bottom of our beer garden.’
- ‘The plan for tonight was to spend the evening in the beer garden enjoying the wonderful warm weather that we've had for the last couple of days.’
- ‘At one stage Del and I were sitting in the beer garden.’
- ‘The heated beer garden to the rear is particularly pleasant.’
- ‘A very nice riverside pub offering tremendously high-quality food and a splendid beer garden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.