One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The occupation of owning and breeding bees for their honey.
- ‘The State, with a suitable climate for bee-keeping, had a rich repertoire of honey, they said.’
- ‘He tries farming and weaving and bee-keeping, only to see all his efforts wasted.’
- ‘The boys, most illiterate, are shown pictures illustrating the choice of vocations on offer, including masonry, weaving and bee-keeping.’
- ‘Along with the garden tours, visitors saw bee-keeping demonstrations, got tips from gardeners, participated in a papermaking workshop and took in a few information displays.’
- ‘He was also a famous bee-keeper and one of the first Dutchmen to publish a book about bee-keeping.’
- ‘Mr Britton was a Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator and his bee-keeping hobby, and honey sales at his gate, earned him the local nickname ‘Mr B, the bee man’.’
- ‘Both Watson and Mycroft are dead, and Holmes spends his time bee-keeping and writing letters.’
- ‘The province had also attracted investors who were interested in bee-keeping and honey production for export.’
- ‘Slowing down for Eric means that he cancelled the trip to South America but kept travelling around Aotearoa, taking up new hobbies, organic gardening, bee-keeping…’
- ‘FROM VARIETIES of honey, beehives, queen cages, pollen-traps and honey extractors to literature on various aspects of bee-keeping were on display.’
- ‘There is a need too for teachers of English and vocational skills like farming, commerce and bee-keeping.’
- ‘It opens at 2.30 and promises to be a fascinating event for anyone interested in bee-keeping and honey production.’
- ‘From the age of sixty onwards, grandfather lost interest in most things that were not related to bee-keeping and the planting of trees.’
- ‘My bee-keeping friend raced down to Lesley's house about 150 yards away to see if she could help.’
- ‘He introduced Mr Holt to bee-keeping, which had been a schoolboy hobby of his, and at Mr Holt's suggestion he began his own business of keeping laying poultry and selling eggs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.