One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick slice of lean beef, typically from the rump and eaten grilled, broiled, or fried.
- ‘Yet, it was revealed that among the meats purchased were huge quantities of beef, pork and beefsteaks!’
- ‘They started eating their meal; it consisted of baked potatoes, rolls, milk, and beefsteaks.’
- ‘According to the waitress, the grilled beefsteak is one of Holder's most popular dishes, so my friend went for that.’
- ‘In fact, tea is first introduced by Cissie during the opening scene of the train ride, when she pours him tea to have with his beefsteak.’
- ‘This is a man who would have no problem with a beefsteak cooked saignant (bloody).’
- ‘‘Coffee and beefsteak would be nice, thank you,’ he told him.’
- ‘Diners can choose from a variety of salads, seafood kebabs, beefsteaks, scallops, salmon, lamb chops, and desserts.’
- ‘Then they were served a beefsteak as the main course, accompanied by a potato gratin with just a touch of garlic.’
- ‘Still laughing, the group finally left the restaurant having had a little too much beer, a good beefsteak, and excellent company.’
- ‘Merlin nodded to the Irish setter without smiling and answered, ‘Just coffee and beefsteak, please.’’
- ‘The court's chefs prepared a smorgasbord of honey-baked potatoes, York sausages, chocolate pudding, fresh, ripe apricots, beefsteak, and filet of Markfish, fresh from the lake.’
- ‘Ready for workaday food, I opted for the beefsteak and egg, with a side order of fried chips.’
- ‘They'll have them that evening with the beefsteaks.’
- ‘McGovern declared: ‘I would trade all the beefsteaks and roast chickens in the world in order to banquet off one once more.’’
- ‘Wendy, XGAO and I went to Eric's home to enjoy the beefsteak Eric cooked by himself.’
- ‘We all used to eat a lot of beefsteak and beefsteak pie at that time.’
- ‘I had hopes for the churrasco sandwich, one of the menu's innovations, but the thin beefsteak turned out to be tough, overcooked and surprisingly flavorless.’
- ‘It had become a tradition to have a huge grilled beefsteak dinner in honor of the Snowgrazer's dwindling use of land foods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.