One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fern with triangular, deeply lobed fronds. Native to eastern North America, it favors moist woodland habitats and streamsides.
Genus Thelypteris, family Polypodiaceae: two species, the broad beech fern (T. hexagonptera) and the long beech fern (also narrow beech fern or northern beech fern) (T. phegopteris)
- ‘Christmas, lady, cinnamon and broad beech ferns thrive in the area.’
- ‘Typically found in rich woodlands, broad beech fern adapts well to virtually any partially shaded woodland garden.’
- ‘Broad and narrow beech ferns, oak fern and polypodies are graceful ground covers, wandering happily through the humus-rich litter of the woodland floor.’
- ‘The fronds of beech ferns are shaped like arrowheads, with the lowest pair of leaflets pointing out at a diagonal.’
- ‘Indian Mounds is the only Texas wilderness to preserve yellow lady's slipper orchids, broad beech ferns, and several other plant species.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.