One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fern with triangular, deeply lobed fronds. Native to eastern North America, it favors moist woodland habitats and streamsides.
Genus Thelypteris, family Polypodiaceae: two species, the broad beech fern (T. hexagonptera) and the long beech fern (also narrow beech fern or northern beech fern) (T. phegopteris)
- ‘The fronds of beech ferns are shaped like arrowheads, with the lowest pair of leaflets pointing out at a diagonal.’
- ‘Broad and narrow beech ferns, oak fern and polypodies are graceful ground covers, wandering happily through the humus-rich litter of the woodland floor.’
- ‘Indian Mounds is the only Texas wilderness to preserve yellow lady's slipper orchids, broad beech ferns, and several other plant species.’
- ‘Christmas, lady, cinnamon and broad beech ferns thrive in the area.’
- ‘Typically found in rich woodlands, broad beech fern adapts well to virtually any partially shaded woodland garden.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.