One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A decorative drapery attached to the frame of a bed; a dust ruffle.
- ‘The package includes matching sheets, pillows, pillowcases, duvet, and bedskirt.’
- ‘My wife and I put the bedskirt on our bed last night, and it looks great!’
- ‘The summer-like warmth had faded with the setting sun and now the fresh nip of cool spring air flowed through the screen and ruffled the white bedskirt.’
- ‘The bedskirt has been in continuous use over many years.’
- ‘For, one needs, in addition, the matching comforter, bedskirt, duvet, three types of pillows, shams, draperies, upholstered furniture, tablecloths, fabric lampshades, and rugs.’
- ‘Regardless, the popularity of the bedskirt has perpetuated and made it a mainstay in the bedroom décor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.