One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A decorative drapery attached to the frame of a bed; a dust ruffle.
- ‘The bedskirt has been in continuous use over many years.’
- ‘The summer-like warmth had faded with the setting sun and now the fresh nip of cool spring air flowed through the screen and ruffled the white bedskirt.’
- ‘My wife and I put the bedskirt on our bed last night, and it looks great!’
- ‘Regardless, the popularity of the bedskirt has perpetuated and made it a mainstay in the bedroom décor.’
- ‘The package includes matching sheets, pillows, pillowcases, duvet, and bedskirt.’
- ‘For, one needs, in addition, the matching comforter, bedskirt, duvet, three types of pillows, shams, draperies, upholstered furniture, tablecloths, fabric lampshades, and rugs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.