One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At 6 p.m., the audition procedure, the most bedraggling and stressful portion of the festival for some began.’
- ‘Cars splash puddles on him, further bedraggling his look, as he pursues Phillips in order to deliver to him a CD made by a band Jake is managing.’
- ‘This kid refused to even speak a word, just kept bedraggling along the path, looking coldly at the nothingness ahead of him.’
- ‘It bedraggles the Calla lilies, leaving them tattered at the edges and browned like vintage fabric.’
- ‘Winter jasmine is doggedly flowering on the fence by the chicken house in spite of rain which bedraggles the fragile petals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.