One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of rock) deposited in layers or strata, especially in a way specified.‘thinly bedded carbonate mudstones’
- ‘The sedimentary rocks are well bedded and dominated by mudstones with beds 2-5 metres thick.’
- ‘This is the only location where bedded sedimentary rocks were observed to be in direct contact with the pillow basalts.’
- ‘The thinner bedded sandstones are considered overbank flood deposits.’
- ‘The age of the tuff collected from bedded volcanic rocks newly exposed in the quarry at Bardon Hill is less easy to interpret.’
- ‘Some of the bedded sandstone inclusions were folded prior to inclusion within the melange.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.