One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sexually attractive or available.
good-looking, attractive, nice-looking, handsome, lovely, beautiful, pretty, as pretty as a picture, stunning, striking, arresting, prepossessing, winning, fetching, captivating, bewitching, beguiling, engaging, charming, charismatic, enchanting, appealing, delightful, irresistibleView synonyms
- ‘Mary, many thanks for steaming up my screen tonight with the beddable hunk.’
- ‘He had trouble with women as equals - women to him were either beddable or they weren't.’
- ‘The men in this neighborhood made no pretense about who they thought were beddable.’
- ‘He was a honey-voiced charmer, as effective with judges as with voters and beddable women.’
- ‘Bernard is in love with the highly beddable Lenina.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.