Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
bedroom, bedchamber, boudoir, roomView synonyms
- ‘She escorted Estelle to her bedchamber and administered a draught to relax her, watching over her until she faded into a comfortable slumber.’
- ‘When dressed he left his bedchamber and went to the dining room to eat his breakfast.’
- ‘He took them up to their bedchamber, and settled her on their bed, removing her clothes and placing her under the covers.’
- ‘I have politely declined invitations to parties, and with pouty lips and a grumpy expression, I shall be retiring to my bedchamber at a sensible hour.’
- ‘‘His bed is through here’ I motioned towards the archway in the stone that led to his bedchambers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.