Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Involuntary urination during sleep.
- ‘At the initial interview, I found out that he also strongly feared the dark, had a history of night terrors and bed-wetting, and sometimes burst out in a violent temper.’
- ‘Well, as much as I've heard Patsy Ramsey minimize this bed-wetting and toileting issue, other witnesses have told us that it was remarkably more frequent and more of a problem than I think the family let on about.’
- ‘It was only surpassed by nervousness and bed-wetting, which can equally be interpreted as expressions of anxiety.’
- ‘Each chapter separates the different aspects of such behavior problems as anxiety, bed-wetting and poor sleeping habits.’
- ‘They exhibited symptoms of bed-wetting, sleep walking and night terrors.’
- ‘‘As a parent of young children, I felt that there was a need to offer some simple advice on a range of topics such as bed-wetting, bullying and term dates,’ says Waugh.’
- ‘Children in detention exhibited symptoms including bed-wetting, sleep walking and night terrors.’
- ‘Nightmares and bed-wetting are also common childhood problems with these natives.’
- ‘I also had other problems like bed-wetting until I was 11 years old.’
- ‘In fact, bed-wetting is far more likely to create emotional problems than to be caused by them, and not all children simply grow out of it.’
- ‘Other pupils in the school are receiving counselling and some have even started bed-wetting because of the daily protest.’
- ‘All patients have persistent and sometimes severe or complex problems, both physical or psychological, ranging from bed-wetting to eating disorders.’
- ‘The fear of public places and buses, the recurring nightmares and bed-wetting, the incessant crying for no apparent reason, the inability to function normally anymore.’
- ‘Temperamental and behavioural problems, such as irritability, tantrums, fears and bed-wetting, commonly seen in children, are also treated effectively.’
- ‘Nocturnal enuresis, or bed-wetting, is one of the most prevalent and persistent sleep problems in children.’
- ‘She had nightmares for weeks afterwards, bed-wetting.’
- ‘For some young children bladder control is more difficult to achieve at night - enuresis, commonly known as bed-wetting, has been discussed by physicians since the days of Galen and Hippocrates.’
- ‘Only about 1% of teens continue to experience bed-wetting episodes beyond age 12.’
- ‘A large proportion of children who suffer from bed-wetting or daytime wetting do not have any major medical problem.’
- ‘For instance, many parents of 12-year-old kids still bed-wetting are being told there is nothing to be done but wait.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.