One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rotating-brush unit within the powerhead of a vacuum cleaner.
- ‘Make sure the beater bar comes in contact with the carpet but not so much as to slow down the motor.’
- ‘Encased beneath the plastic are beater bars meant to shake loose the dirt, but which, according to Yvette, actually pound it in deeper and destroy the carpet fibers.’
- ‘Do not put the beater bar so low that the rug edges are damaged.’
- ‘In both cases, the vacuum's motor and the beater bar are controlled by a switch on the hose grip.’
- ‘Vacuum cleaner beater bars are notorious for becoming tangled with strings and long hairs.’
- ‘You should use either a suction only vacuum or one that is adjustable enough to keep the brushes or beater bars away from the carpet.’
- ‘This brought on the introduction of beater bars on upright vacuum cleaners.’
- ‘This setting should allow the beater bars and brushes to get at the pile, dislodging the soil so that it may be lifted from the carpet.’
- ‘Do not run the beater bar over the fringe because part of the fringe may get caught and be pulled out.’
- ‘Suction vacuums work well with loop pile construction, as the rotating brush and beater bars may cause some fuzzing of the yarn.’
- ‘Regular use of a vacuum with a beater bar in high traffic areas may help reduce changes in appearance.’
- ‘It's best not to use a vacuum cleaner with a beater bar in this area of the rug to avoid the possibility of catching the fringe in the cleaner.’
- ‘The robot utilises twin counter rotating beater bars to raise the dirt from the surface, combined with ‘bag less’ high suction to achieve great cleaning results.’
- ‘If the beater bar of your vacuum slows down noticeably on the rug, raise the height of the vacuum/beater bar.’
- ‘Change the bags often and check the beater bars for burs and gouges so as not to damage the surface of the carpet.’
- ‘Please note that loop pile carpets should be cleaned with the suction head only as beater bars may catch the fibres giving the carpet a hairy appearance.’
- ‘Vacuums with beater bars should be used for carpet installed over pad, or with attached cushions.’
- ‘A dual-motor vacuum, utilizing one motor to operate the beater bar and one for the vacuum, is most efficient.’
- ‘Raise the beater bar above the rug to just barely skim the fibers of the rug, otherwise pilling may occur.’
- ‘Cut pile carpet should be vacuumed with beater bars, as they will revitalize the carpet and reduce felting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.