1A drum machine.
- ‘Without instruments, listeners will hear whooping, chattering, burbling, aspirating and the occasional thumping beatbox.’
- ‘Then there are songs like ‘Triumph of the Heart’ that border hip-hop terrain by putting the beatbox front and center.’
- ‘The mercurial troubadour has forsaken 88 keys in favor of syncopated rhythms, turntables and a human beatbox.’
- ‘He wrote them with an electric guitar, a 15 watt amp and a kid's beatbox.’
- ‘Someone somewhere could probably explain the stark slave realities behind turning old '80s pop songs into beatbox sample fests.’
- ‘Artists formerly known as Sub Sub - they of the Ain't No Love (Ain't No Use) dance hit - Doves have swapped the synths and beatboxes for epic guitar rock.’
- ‘Since divorcing their drummer last year, the trio adopted samplers and beatboxes and has been steadily gaining a reputation as one of the best live acts in town, albeit with one of the shortest sets.’
- ‘Soon, the two are joined by popping drum sounds from the beatbox; at times, when the beat speeds up, the vocals become vocalized drum samples.’
- ‘At the beginning his face fills the screen, silent for a moment before making the human beatbox sounds that start the film.’
- ‘On the stunning ‘Synth Loop,’ Bök turned human drum machine, delivering rapid-fire techno rhythms to rival any hip-hop beatbox, redefining preconceptions of both electronic music and poetry.’
- ‘The title is a reference to the five boroughs of their home city, whose iconic, bustling streets and block-corner beatbox sounds permeate almost every note, sample and sneering lyric of their back catalogue.’
- ‘As a teenager, she discovered hip-hop, then went to art college and eventually made contact with two pivotal female Svengali figures, Elastica's Justine Frischmann and raunchy MC Peaches, who taught her to use a beatbox.’
- ‘Snowboy's lead on congas and assorted Afro-Cuban beatboxes is shared with shimmering vocals by Davide Giovanni and backed by the formidable talents of the Latin Section.’
- ‘To their right, a DJ creates a vibrant hip-hop soundtrack, showing off impressive scratching and beatbox skills.’
- ‘Its childish simplicity, with cheap cha-cha beatbox rhythm and wobbly guitar, is both disarming and strangely poignant.’
- ‘She had a samba groove done by a Brazilian human beatbox and wondered if I could come up with a melody or something.’
- ‘Simple elements - strummed acoustic guitar, muffled beatbox, acoustic piano, organ, occasional electronics - are arranged to create an elegant anonymity which allows the listener to listen in their own way.’
- ‘Better still, Shaggy and Rahzel bring toasting and human beatbox to ‘Bam Bam’.’
- ‘You could book her for a dinner party, for example, so instead of playing a record, Isabelle would sing and play minimal punk with dancey rhythms, with a synth and a beatbox.’
- ‘It all started with an underlying rhythm from a beatbox that we'd bought in Chinatown, then Bob played guitar to that.’
- 1.1 A radio or radio cassette player used to play loud music, especially rap.
- ‘We had a beatbox, and people kicked freestyles and writtens.’
- ‘Ireland stands outside Lux's window with a bouquet of flowers and his beatbox.’
- ‘Me, I'm off to go spacedancing with my renewable-energy beatbox.’
- ‘As for subway performers who actually do exist, I really dig that dude with the trumpet and beatbox, but I haven't seen him in a while.’
- ‘The speaker unit, which clamps just below the screen and looks like a big white bow tie, is called the beatbox.’
Imitate the sounds of a drum machine with the voice.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.