One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be amazing or impressive.‘well, that beats all’
- ‘Yet I think his latest adventure beats all; he was arrested in Zimbabwe for practicing journalism.’
- ‘How the committee who voluntarily run this service continue to do so beats all.’
- ‘A Hollywood ending still beats all.’
- ‘Hang on, this one beats all…’
- ‘I have seen some heavy weather in Shanghai, but this beats all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.