One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The man uttered a guttural, beastlike sound.’
- ‘Children at Meridian Primary School have completed three murals showing monsters, goblins and other beast-like characters.’
- ‘This has enabled the human race to shift the condition of humanity from a beast-like going into the stall, or hunting in the woods, into the ability to have an intellectual life, a human form of cultural life.’
- ‘That is how the horned god came to be seen as the devil: a beastlike figure used by early Christians to engender fear of nature religions.’
- ‘At times, he's crawling, beast-like across the floor, venting enough raw emotion and passion to land him the lead in a West End musical.’
- ‘In the late '50s, his paintings became populated with stumpy, beastlike figures, often adorned with military medals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.