One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A market in which prices are falling, encouraging selling.
- ‘Therefore, your pension is priced for a bull market, not a bear market, and as a result is very risky.’
- ‘This year, with a bear market in beer prices, it's getting harder than ever to resist.’
- ‘When the market became a bear market, the investment income to pay losses dissolved.’
- ‘Despite a three-year bear market share prices can not be said to be cheap.’
- ‘As the bear market in shares has become more pronounced, messenger shooters have become more common.’
- ‘Within each cycle a bull market of 32 months is followed by a bear market of about 14 months.’
- ‘The three-year bear market in shares has scared off many investors from investing in the stock market for the time being.’
- ‘Seventy-five years ago this week, US shares dived into the worst bear market in history’
- ‘And the revival in share prices has prompted many an investor to declare the bear market is finally over.’
- ‘Many of these companies' share prices have held up well in the bear market of the last three years.’
- ‘In addition. every stock market in the world will soon be in a bear market for the very first time.’
- ‘Despite the last bear market, the record books do show shares winning out over the very long haul.’
- ‘The bear market depressed both investment banking revenue and secondary trading volumes.’
- ‘In a bear market most equities are going down in price with occasional rallies.’
- ‘I would see the markets and even the price of oil as being something ancillary to the bear market.’
- ‘Everyone who wanted to sell as a result of the preceding bear market had already done so.’
- ‘At the depths of a bear market, when the market is down and dirty, it is hard to make people believe that an upturn is at hand.’
- ‘As the bear market got into its stride, the survey found most private investors unfortunately looking to good times ahead.’
- ‘Tech stocks led the way up in the last bull market and had spectacular hangovers in the bear market.’
- ‘It is also time to sell any stock or fund not suited to a severe bear market.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.