One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Beaming with happiness, optimism, or anticipation.
- ‘Beneath my smiling, beamish, seemingly vacant manner there is hidden an ardent and effective note-taker.’
- ‘Just as beamish were the Greek election winners, the royalist Populist Party, led by Foreign Minister Constantin Tsaldaris.’
- ‘Where else can the voter see the uncertain candidate of the early evening, the beamish victor of midnight, the sour loser of the early morning facing the ordeal by camera with his character showing?’
- ‘He is one of those beamish young men of whom England and the U. S. were so full in the early, hearty days of the English Speaking Union.’
- ‘I feel certain, for instance, that he would not have come out with anything so beamish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.