One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Decorative work made of beads.
- ‘Though not scholarly, these volumes provide the most detailed study to date of the social significance of beadwork within a Xhosa-speaking society.’
- ‘Finally he offered him a small leather pouch decorated with beadwork.’
- ‘She does the final beadwork and embellishments herself.’
- ‘Conducted by master artists, classes will be offered in beadwork, painting, costume design, pottery, doll making, fiber art, photography and jewelry making.’
- ‘In the lobby a lady from the Nolebela Tribe was painting murals on a traditional mud hut and doing beadwork as well.’
- ‘Recent beadwork pieces are displayed here as well, enhanced by photographs depicting the contemporary uses of eastern and southern African beadwork in both Africa and the West.’
- ‘Detail embroidery, retro beadwork, sequins and lace add a touch of Hollywood glamour.’
- ‘Collars were another category of clothing often decorated with elaborate beadwork on the Northwest Coast.’
- ‘Regional variations in beadwork also speak to the importance of cultural identities and the differences that exist among identities of Zulu-speaking people of these various areas.’
- ‘Folk craft traditions include beadwork, sewing, pottery making, house decoration, and weaving.’
- ‘Torches decorated with African beadwork were brought through the streets of Polokwane and used to light the Special Olympic flame.’
- ‘He had been dressed in a jacket trimmed in red feathers and decorated with intricate beadwork.’
- ‘Her skirts are mostly made out of chiffon and georgette, liberally embellished with beadwork and appliqués.’
- ‘During the skills transfer period, all 60 women will be involved in activities like jewellery making using beadwork, pottery, weaving, fabric tying and dying and other skills.’
- ‘They are often heavily embellished with embroidery, beadwork, and hand painted floral designs.’
- ‘She wore a blouse and skirt decorated in intricate beadwork and a kilt made of old silver coins.’
- ‘The days are designed for kids aged five to 12 years, with heaps of creative activities on offer such as cooking, beadwork and other crafty ideas, painting and much more.’
- ‘Much of the exhibition is focused on body adornment, primarily beadwork, though sculpture in a variety of media is represented as well.’
- ‘The Yei of Ngamiland in Botswana were known for a type of beadwork in which white and black were contrasted to form true optical illusions.’
- ‘For many centuries, beadwork in the West was an activity with an ornamental purpose, practiced by young women in polite society to decorate clothing and personal objects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.