One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clothing suitable for wearing on the beach, though not necessarily for swimming in.
- ‘Trousers reached a wider audience first as beachwear, then for leisure pursuits and also in the form of pyjamas.’
- ‘She dressed in her most fashionable beachwear and waited for Matt's Corvette to pull up into her driveway.’
- ‘Over the years, I've had to accept our continental cousins' lack of decorum when it comes to beachwear, but time was when the inhibited British could be relied on to know what is decent.’
- ‘Summer's finally here and that means that not only is it time to go shopping for beachwear and party clothes, but it's also the perfect time to accessorize!’
- ‘Her gain in confidence has influenced her to be a bit more daring in her holiday beachwear and so she has included a selection of three bikinis in her suitcase.’
- ‘You're looking at beachwear, I'm looking at some shirts and we're not even remotely thinking about jeans.’
- ‘Liz also admitted her career as a film producer was on hold at the launch last month of her first fashion range - a collection of beachwear..’
- ‘Sand castle competitions and beachwear don't often make an appearance in town centres, but they were all the rage over the bank holiday weekend.’
- ‘The men's furnishings line, with its signature Lilly print ties, pocket squares and beachwear (an example being swim trunks in the classic Lilly print), also caught the eyes of many of the attendees.’
- ‘Huang uses playful shades to brighten up his traditional Taiwanese floral patterns, which is fitting for a line of beachwear.’
- ‘Obviously, with all the floral designs, poster-like or stylized flowers and blossom prints are as indispensable as ever in beachwear.’
- ‘Fashion took a dive into the deep blue on September 24, drawing inspiration from sea-faring myth and hyper-trendy beachwear for summer collections that revealed as much as they covered.’
- ‘Although there's more to thong sandals than the popular beachwear look, that doesn't mean you should desert their casual nature completely.’
- ‘The museum and galleries service is still looking for holiday items from the 1970s to the present day, including beachwear, buckets and spades, for the exhibition.’
- ‘Women should avoid wearing scanty beachwear in rural areas away from hotels and campsites to avoid offending locals.’
- ‘Despite the fact that it was the middle of winter, most of the people on the island still wore traditional beachwear.’
- ‘In lieu of a gown and tux, however, you may opt to dress in casual, colorful beachwear or semi-formal evening wear.’
- ‘Once he had chosen suitable beachwear for himself, they were ready to go.’
- ‘An additional incentive for fans with families will be a Beach Party promotion with a $500 prize to be won by a racegoer dressed in suitable beachwear.’
- ‘Her beachwear designs are equally as daring and fun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.