One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area adjacent to a beach.
- ‘In summer, you look out on stunning Highland scenery as the beachside barbecue sizzles with freshly landed fish and seafood, not to mention some of the best sausages in Scotland.’
- ‘Nestling on the harbour wall, it has a good restaurant and serves decent bar meals, but it really comes into its own in the summer, when its beachside terrace is mobbed.’
- ‘Redcliffe Festival of the Sails On Good Friday Suttons Beach celebrates the start of the Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race with a colourful beachside bash.’
- ‘We left after having brunch and getting the car washed, at around 11 am and arrived at our friends' beachside apartment just after 1pm.’
- ‘Five used climbing equipment to scale the 120 ft dome, a focal point of the beachside plant, which covers the pressurised water reactor.’
- ‘The Smiths quickly swapped their home in Keppel Crescent, Bridlington, for the Caribbean heat and a beachside hotel in the Barbados resort of Worthing.’
- ‘After a sensational sunset dinner of conch salad at a beachside restaurant on a far corner of Tortola, my party gradually became aware of the lyrics being pumped out by a steel drum band on the patio.’
- ‘Queues had formed early at one polling station in the Sydney beachside suburb of Clovelly, when polls opened under brilliant sunny skies in Australia's biggest city.’
- ‘But instead they were running for their lives when the tsunami hit their luxury beachside hotel.’
- ‘The 41-year-old took charge of the rescue operation at his beachside hotel in the resort of Phuket, which was ravaged by the wall of water.’
- ‘We had our end-of-year staff function last night at a beachside hotel's conference centre.’
- ‘Manly Council, the local authority for the beachside area in Sydney where I spent the first 29 years of my life, has just banned smoking on its beaches.’
- ‘Heading along the coast from town you will find yourself on a gorgeous, 20 odd kilometer beachside run from Pelabuhan itself to the town of Cisolok.’
- ‘Having been fully persuaded of the dangers of exploiting teak, we embarked instead on an exploration of the best beaches by visiting the most picturesque beachside properties on offer.’
- ‘On the 1,700-acre coastal forest estate there is a golf course, a beachside swimming pool complex and horse-riding trails.’
- ‘The biggest problem facing the actress and singer-songwriter is that storms and landslides have blocked the roads to her beachside trailer home in Malibu.’
- ‘Plans for the 40,000 square-foot zone include a beachside wave pool, a wild water river, two splash flumes, a lazy river ride and spa and plunge pools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.