One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area adjacent to a beach.
- ‘The 41-year-old took charge of the rescue operation at his beachside hotel in the resort of Phuket, which was ravaged by the wall of water.’
- ‘Plans for the 40,000 square-foot zone include a beachside wave pool, a wild water river, two splash flumes, a lazy river ride and spa and plunge pools.’
- ‘Five used climbing equipment to scale the 120 ft dome, a focal point of the beachside plant, which covers the pressurised water reactor.’
- ‘Manly Council, the local authority for the beachside area in Sydney where I spent the first 29 years of my life, has just banned smoking on its beaches.’
- ‘The Smiths quickly swapped their home in Keppel Crescent, Bridlington, for the Caribbean heat and a beachside hotel in the Barbados resort of Worthing.’
- ‘Queues had formed early at one polling station in the Sydney beachside suburb of Clovelly, when polls opened under brilliant sunny skies in Australia's biggest city.’
- ‘Heading along the coast from town you will find yourself on a gorgeous, 20 odd kilometer beachside run from Pelabuhan itself to the town of Cisolok.’
- ‘Nestling on the harbour wall, it has a good restaurant and serves decent bar meals, but it really comes into its own in the summer, when its beachside terrace is mobbed.’
- ‘In summer, you look out on stunning Highland scenery as the beachside barbecue sizzles with freshly landed fish and seafood, not to mention some of the best sausages in Scotland.’
- ‘Redcliffe Festival of the Sails On Good Friday Suttons Beach celebrates the start of the Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race with a colourful beachside bash.’
- ‘Having been fully persuaded of the dangers of exploiting teak, we embarked instead on an exploration of the best beaches by visiting the most picturesque beachside properties on offer.’
- ‘We had our end-of-year staff function last night at a beachside hotel's conference centre.’
- ‘We left after having brunch and getting the car washed, at around 11 am and arrived at our friends' beachside apartment just after 1pm.’
- ‘After a sensational sunset dinner of conch salad at a beachside restaurant on a far corner of Tortola, my party gradually became aware of the lyrics being pumped out by a steel drum band on the patio.’
- ‘On the 1,700-acre coastal forest estate there is a golf course, a beachside swimming pool complex and horse-riding trails.’
- ‘But instead they were running for their lives when the tsunami hit their luxury beachside hotel.’
- ‘The biggest problem facing the actress and singer-songwriter is that storms and landslides have blocked the roads to her beachside trailer home in Malibu.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.