One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large towel suitable for lying on while sunbathing.‘by the waterfront, a woman lays out a beach towel to soak up some rays’
- ‘Plan on bringing your own sleeping bags and pillows, bath and beach towels, and food.’
- ‘Nearer the water are tiny umbrellas and beach towels.’
- ‘Three boys strip down to their swimsuits and throw their clothes on their beach towels before running down the beach.’
- ‘For an increasing number of us, travel is more than simply reaching a chosen destination and spreading out a beach towel.’
- ‘AJ loaded a cooler, and some beach towels, and then the three were on their way.’
- ‘I threw on a t-shirt over my swimsuit, grabbed my beach towel, and headed over to the living room.’
- ‘Hundreds of people were camped out on their folding chairs and beach towels in front of the stage.’
- ‘She lay back down on her beach towel.’
- ‘Shower gifts might include scuba lessons, snorkeling equipment, his and hers beach towels, or a gift certificate for a couples massage at their honeymoon resort.’
- ‘Fashion-conscious individuals should go for the simple plain colored beach towel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.