One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coastal holiday resort with a beach.
- ‘The port of Eivissa town with its hill fortress and narrow streets is more reminiscent of Malta than of a Spanish beach resort.’
- ‘The five-star Hotel Algarve Casino is situated close to one of the Algarve's best known beach resorts, Praia de Rocha.’
- ‘A figure called the "camera fiend" began to appear at beach resorts, prowling the premises until he could catch female bathers unawares.’
- ‘If you go to a beach resort you are encouraged to enrol for aerobics classes, take scuba diving lessons, learn Thai cooking.’
- ‘We were hoping to have about five days at a beach resort, or similar, with the rest of the time spent on an adventure - maybe a safari or country tour?’
- ‘We're supposed to take a three-hour bus ride to Punta Leona, a beach resort, but there's no way we'd survive the trip.’
- ‘The following morning we took a bus ride along the strikingly mountainous coastline to Budva, Montenegro's top beach resort.’
- ‘At the airport, Brian will be greeted by agents from Club Med and transferred to the beach resort of Djerba la Fidele, 40 minutes away.’
- ‘The rocky beach was now replaced with golden sand with tourist hotels, making a very popular beach resort.’
- ‘Visitors to Wildwood cross a bridge from the New Jersey mainland to the island beach resort and step back about 50 years.’
- ‘For such a stylish beach resort just a few miles from Biarritz, St Jean is quite child-friendly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.