Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A coastal holiday resort with a beach.
- ‘At the airport, Brian will be greeted by agents from Club Med and transferred to the beach resort of Djerba la Fidele, 40 minutes away.’
- ‘The port of Eivissa town with its hill fortress and narrow streets is more reminiscent of Malta than of a Spanish beach resort.’
- ‘We were hoping to have about five days at a beach resort, or similar, with the rest of the time spent on an adventure - maybe a safari or country tour?’
- ‘The following morning we took a bus ride along the strikingly mountainous coastline to Budva, Montenegro's top beach resort.’
- ‘For such a stylish beach resort just a few miles from Biarritz, St Jean is quite child-friendly.’
- ‘The five-star Hotel Algarve Casino is situated close to one of the Algarve's best known beach resorts, Praia de Rocha.’
- ‘The rocky beach was now replaced with golden sand with tourist hotels, making a very popular beach resort.’
- ‘Visitors to Wildwood cross a bridge from the New Jersey mainland to the island beach resort and step back about 50 years.’
- ‘If you go to a beach resort you are encouraged to enrol for aerobics classes, take scuba diving lessons, learn Thai cooking.’
- ‘A figure called the "camera fiend" began to appear at beach resorts, prowling the premises until he could catch female bathers unawares.’
- ‘We're supposed to take a three-hour bus ride to Punta Leona, a beach resort, but there's no way we'd survive the trip.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.