One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for dune buggy
- ‘Along the coastal road that runs south from Rio de Janeiro to the port of Santos, there are hundreds of luxury holiday homes, equipped with state-of-the-art yachts, ski-jets and beach buggies.’
- ‘To operate a beach buggy you will need to purchase a yearly permit or a three-day pass.’
- ‘Every Sunday the beach buggy riders come to the strand in cars and vans and spend the afternoon zooming up and down the shoreline between Beale and Littor Strands when the tide is out.’
- ‘There has been a huge response to a recent article in this page highlighting the danger of quartz beach buggy racing which is taking place at Beale and Littor Strands at weekends.’
- ‘In July, Frank was hit fatally by a beach buggy at night on Fire Island.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.