One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
with negative Be the type of person who is likely or inclined to marry.‘I'm not the marrying kind’
- ‘These findings may help marriage-minded women identify the men who are most likely to be the marrying kind.’
- ‘She isn't the marrying kind. If you knew her, she'd be nice to you till she got a good chance to flay you alive.’
- ‘Ashley is the marrying kind, Elaine is not, and she has denied his five proposals.’
- ‘They just… neither seemed to be the marrying kind.’
- ‘Joyce was in love with him, but I don't think her father would have ever let her marry Ron, even if Ron was the marrying kind, which he wasn't.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.