One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Despite that; nevertheless.
in spite of everything, in spite of that, nonetheless, even so, however, but, still, yet, though, be that as it may, for all that, despite everything, despite that, after everything, having said that, that said, just the same, all the same, at the same time, in any event, come what may, at any rate, notwithstanding, regardless, anyway, anyhowView synonyms
- ‘Anyway, be that as it may, I thought he was the most talented man on Earth.’
- ‘But be that as it may, if you can get instructions from someone when they are capable, that's sufficient, irrespective of whether the next day they become incapable.’
- ‘But, be that as it may, he was bugging her, and she told him to go shove it.’
- ‘But be that as it may, they ought to be thankful they can hold those positions into the new year.’
- ‘But be that as it may, it happened and it's yesterday's affair.’
- ‘Well, anyway, be that as it may, we have to wrap up here.’
- ‘But be that as it may, we'd no notion of bringing trouble like this down on your house.’
- ‘It's really difficult, but be that as it may, we are able to get by with the first ship last week, and hopefully we can get that cargo out of the transit sheds and off the docks and to the market.’
- ‘But be that as it may, that's not the important issue.’
- ‘But, be that as it may, let me offer my simple explanation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.