One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
No longer be affected by.‘we were over the worst’
- ‘We seem to be over the stomach problems now.’
- ‘Wendy has been advised to stay on HRT for only five years, when she should be over her symptoms.’
- ‘If I can keep it up right through the weekend I reckon I'll be over the worst of it.’
- ‘Please just strike me down here and now because I am just destined to never be over any of this.’
- ‘He is now over his cold and is doing better everyday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.