One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Share the same (or hold a different) opinion.
- ‘Why should people in the Maori community all be of one mind?’
- ‘It is great to stand up in Parliament and note that everyone is of one mind on this bill, and it will be passed rapidly.’
- ‘There is no reason why Catholics must be of one mind on all matters of public policy.’
- ‘The scientific community really is of one mind that evolution took place, that we are descended with modifications from earlier organisms and so is everything else on this planet.’
- ‘I don't think we have to be of one mind to be of one faith.’
- ‘The Cabinet must be of one mind, and it could be of one mind only when all the members come through the Prime Minister and look up to him and not to the House for their sanction.’
- ‘We may not be of one mind on several issues, but we share one faith, one baptism, one Lord and Savior of us all.’
- ‘He believed that they were of one mind when it came to dealing forthrightly with the news media.’
- ‘In such a polarized atmosphere, I cannot imagine how long or how difficult it would be to get the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops to be of one mind about the film.’
- ‘Yoroku, however, was of a different mind and opposed the idea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.