One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not be influenced by status, wealth, etc.‘Jesus was no respecter of people’
- ‘Death is the great leveller; it is no respecter of persons.’
- ‘He was compelled to report his evidence, no matter who was guilty - friend or foe, president or pope, and he was no respecter of persons or positions.’
- ‘The cruel hands of death is no respecter of persons.’
- ‘Krishna's saying, ‘I envy no man, nor am I partial to anyone; I am equal to all' is a lot like the idea that God is no respecter of persons.’
- ‘But even if you detest their music and can't stand their ways, remember that God is no respecter of persons.’
- ‘One of the wonderful things about the modern British is that they are no respecters of persons, however elevated.’
- ‘In theory, since God is no respecter of persons, the role of mystic/ecstatic should have been open to all.’
- ‘A law, even in this House, should be no respecter of persons.’
- ‘Wise mercy involves the insight that suffering is no respecter of persons.’
- ‘Yet death is not only no respecter of persons, it also pays little heed to age.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.