One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Be a source of great pleasure to.‘meat and drink to me, this life is!’
2Be a routine matter or task for.‘he should be meat and drink to the English defense’
- ‘The large number of statistics will, of course, be meat and drink to the Formula One fanboys at which this tome is mainly targeted.’
- ‘That would be meat and drink to a side of Drighlington's standing.’
- ‘This task you have set is meat and drink to me, Silver, let me be.’
- ‘Conclusions like this will be meat and drink to undergraduates.’
- ‘Such a takeover would be meat and drink to leveraged buyout merchants like Valentia or e-Island consortia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.