One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be rather short of.‘light on hard news’
- ‘I remember the letters were light on news about his military life and more focused on her.’
- ‘Such civil litigation is labour intensive, and like all capital defence offices, we were light on labour.’
- ‘The novel is light on the amount of dialogue, but very lyrical and poetic.’
- ‘I apologize we were light on the show notes, a bit light on the content, and there were no technical segments.’
- ‘He has been light on policy while exhorting voters to abandon the stale battle between right and left.’
- ‘I've complained before about movies being light on plot, but this one is absolutely plot-free.’
- ‘News of the hacker's exploit this morning has been light on details.’
- ‘In reality, the session was light on content, and relatively few major bills were passed.’
- ‘He did 32 very fine films for Columbia which were light on song and heavy with drama.’
- ‘Though the talk was light on actual development details, the fact remains that Nom 2 is one hell of a crazy game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.