One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be desirable in the end, although not at first seeming so.
- ‘I knew that he could tell that I wasn't happy about the decision, but maybe it was for the best.’
- ‘I'm not surprised how things ended for one character in particular; this person has been going downhill for awhile, so the end they had was for the best in that sense.’
- ‘Uncle Bill put a lot of work into a failed effort, but maybe it was for the best.’
- ‘I explained it was for the best, said I was sorry and asked for forgiveness. 2 days later I woke to find no peace of mind, no nirvana, just a failed suicide and the continual nightmare.’
- ‘Though her departure from the estate was a bittersweet one, she knew it was for the best, for although she did not know entirely where she belonged, she knew it wasn't there.’
- ‘But if this was causing her problems already maybe it would be for the best…’
- ‘She didn't know the answers to her questions, but maybe that was for the best.’
- ‘Maybe it is for the best if you stay away from the rallies, Weller.’
- ‘He has brought nothing but death, destruction and fear, maybe a change is for the best.’
- ‘Still - reading what I've just written, maybe it was for the best.’
- ‘Maybe that was for the best, considering Kelsey knows and she thinks we're crazy.’
- ‘Maybe it was for the best that they went their separate ways then, instead of dragging it out and getting more hurt.’
- ‘Maybe it would be for the best if I set out some facts.’
- ‘Maybe it was for the best that Deimos expressed no interest in her.’
- ‘I think maybe it would be for the best if we just forgot I ever wrote this post.’
- ‘I know I've been the one pushing this football thing, but maybe it would be for the best if you quit.’
- ‘10 years ago my parents divorced, and it was for the best.’
- ‘I thought maybe that was for the best because that way if I made a fool of myself and fell off or something, at least Ben and the other guys would not see it.’
- ‘So, no picture of Mom and maybe it's all for the best, huh?’
- ‘Maybe it was for the best though, she thought, she had to deal with her own problems, they'd catch up to her anyway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.