One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be listening eagerly and attentively.
alert, vigilant, wide awake, aware, watchful, attentive, observant, circumspect, wary, chary, heedful, cannyView synonyms
- ‘Kassi tells Liam of how she and Isabelle became friends and Liam is all ears.’
- ‘As an epileptic, I was all ears and I listened to her telling me her symptoms.’
- ‘This Wednesday night, in the packed meeting room of the West Richmond Community Centre, the crowd is all ears.’
- ‘If positive news on cord stem cells continues, doctors, patients, and investors will be all ears.’
- ‘When Disney approached Stravinsky with the idea of using Le Sacre as part of Fantasia, the composer was all ears.’
- ‘If Bose's idea has merit, auto manufacturers will be all ears.’
- ‘He has been telling versions of his for years, and the media have been all ears.’
- ‘The audience were all ears when the teams crooned ditties from the golden 80s.’
- ‘We were all ears after he had announced himself and flashed his warrant card.’
- ‘Our reporter was all ears, but heard only silence - as the figure was written down and discreetly handed to the magistrates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.