One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be extremely likely to have unfortunate consequences.‘sky-high interest rates are a recipe for disaster’
- ‘Frustration with the slow pace of land resettlement is understandable, but addressing it with a policy that is very likely to damage current productivity and incentive for investment is a recipe for disaster.’
- ‘The combination of blocking the media, forcing evacuations and too many guns is a recipe for disaster.’
- ‘Telling him how much you're looking forward to the months-away Christmas dance, while he's looking forward to a cheese-steak for lunch, is a recipe for disaster.’
- ‘The other main issue is again, I would reiterate we need to concentrate on job creation, because unemployment is a recipe for disaster.’
- ‘This is a recipe for disaster, and I am not sure what we can do (other than pray) to change the frightening trajectory that our republic is spiraling toward.’
- ‘Bringing them home now is a recipe for disaster.’
- ‘Extremism and terrorism is a recipe for disaster, and will destroy this extraordinary alliance against U.S. imperialism.’
- ‘Split-second decision making without thinking about the consequences is a recipe for disaster.’
- ‘Having too much free time is a recipe for disaster.’
- ‘Your desperate craving to make a good impression, coupled with your extreme nervousness, is a recipe for disaster.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.