One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dessert containing gelatin and whipped cream, served cold.
- ‘Desserts included vanilla and praline bavarois with caramelised hazelnuts and mascarpone ice-cream as well as white chocolate and caramelised banana crepe with orange butterscotch sauce.’
- ‘So crêpes and bavaroises will probably not initiate any thoughts of emigration, but Belgians do have one great flag waver in this category: Callebaut chocolate.’
- ‘This wasn't a problem though, as I love bavarois a lot.’
- ‘For the vanilla bavarois, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk and vanilla bean scrapings to a boil.’
- ‘My banana-and-chocolate pudding was gooey and good, but Vicky's smooth lime bavarois was superb, the highlight of the meal.’
French, literally ‘Bavarian’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.