One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A battleship or an armored vehicle.
- ‘These heavily armoured battlewagons always produce action-packed racing at Wimbledon as the drivers push and barge their way to the front of the pack.’
- ‘The first animal-drawn carts and battlewagons appeared in Mesopotamia around 4,700 years ago.’
- ‘It allows the reader to follow the reformation process from a sail and ironclad naval service, through the times of large-caliber battlewagons, to the emergence of the carrier battle forces of World War II fame.’
- ‘Before 2500 BC, these states were capable of far-reaching campaigns employing phalanxes of drilled spearmen, ass-drawn battlewagons, and fortified garrison posts.’
- ‘Calis had literally rebuilt the old battlewagon from the ground up, using what he had in the junkyard and blueprints that he had acquired some time ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.