One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area for batting practice that is enclosed by fencing or netting.
- ‘They found a batting cage, and every weekend they hit hundreds of baseballs.’
- ‘They had 2 18-hole courses, batting cages and a huge video arcade.’
- ‘She decided to practice her batting, so she grabbed her baseball bag and headed to the batting cage on campus.’
- ‘They added outfield bleacher seats, a batting cage, and tarps to cover the field.’
- ‘Monica, is there an indoor batting cage around here so that Sarah can go to and practice over the winter?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.