Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An area for batting practice that is enclosed by fencing or netting.
- ‘They added outfield bleacher seats, a batting cage, and tarps to cover the field.’
- ‘They had 2 18-hole courses, batting cages and a huge video arcade.’
- ‘Monica, is there an indoor batting cage around here so that Sarah can go to and practice over the winter?’
- ‘They found a batting cage, and every weekend they hit hundreds of baseballs.’
- ‘She decided to practice her batting, so she grabbed her baseball bag and headed to the batting cage on campus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.