One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The average performance of a batter, expressed as a ratio of a batter's safe hits per official times at bat.
- ‘The Brewers had the worst batting average in the league, while ranking 15th in runs scored and homers.’
- ‘I suppose the simplest way of gauging Test allrounders is to deduct the bowling average from the batting average.’
- ‘Barfield topped fifty extra base hits again, though his batting average was a shade under .300.’
- ‘What major league player has had the lowest batting average with 100 or more runs batted in during one season?’
- ‘He only ranks fourth in RBIs and is way down the batting average list.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.