One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At one level there is something battily wonderful about this attitude - but it is also appalling.’
- ‘She smiles somewhat battily and nods: ‘I'm the one with personality!’’
- ‘This seemed so battily far down the list of priorities for ‘60s radicals (why improve capitalism's products when the whole point was to abolish it and them?) that he seemed, even then, a Quixotic character.’
- ‘One of the best… her view of the world is grim, her style effortlessly comic and her characters battily original.’
- ‘Sadly, she was too battily flustered to provide me with the recipe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.