One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of beating or crossing the feet or calves together during a leap or jump.
- ‘Over this base they start to develop the other things: the artistic sense of the movement, the technique - jumps, batterie, many things.’
- ‘Mr. Muruev displayed some prowess in his batterie and big leaps.’
- ‘The sensual Dmitri Belogolovtsev is a strong, smooth turner, but his batterie needed polish.’
- ‘With his joyful batterie, Wevers is ideal in the role.’
- ‘The speedy batterie; the sharp, fast releves and jumps on pointe that punctuate the ballerina's solos, and the quick transitions between steps, are not simply technically impeccable.’
French, literally ‘beating’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.