One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The set of symptoms, injuries, and signs of mistreatment seen on a severely or repeatedly abused child.
- ‘Her battered child syndrome was immediately diagnosed and reported to local police and juvenile probation authorities, and she was taken into protective custody.’
- ‘If a child's injuries indicate intentional trauma or appear to be more severe than could reasonably be expected to result from an accident, battered child syndrome should be suspected.’
- ‘We report the radiographic findings in the long bones of a newborn with confirmed diagnosis of congenital syphilis and discuss the differential diagnosis with battered child syndrome.’
- ‘Detecting and preventing battered child syndrome is difficult because society and the courts have traditionally left the family alone.’
- ‘The physical signs of child abuse used to be called battered child syndrome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.