One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The set of symptoms, injuries, and signs of mistreatment seen on a severely or repeatedly abused child.
- ‘If a child's injuries indicate intentional trauma or appear to be more severe than could reasonably be expected to result from an accident, battered child syndrome should be suspected.’
- ‘We report the radiographic findings in the long bones of a newborn with confirmed diagnosis of congenital syphilis and discuss the differential diagnosis with battered child syndrome.’
- ‘Her battered child syndrome was immediately diagnosed and reported to local police and juvenile probation authorities, and she was taken into protective custody.’
- ‘The physical signs of child abuse used to be called battered child syndrome.’
- ‘Detecting and preventing battered child syndrome is difficult because society and the courts have traditionally left the family alone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.