Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A garment worn for swimming; a swimsuit.
swimsuit, bathing suit, bathing dress, swimming trunks, trunks, swimwear, bikiniswimming costumeswimming togs, cossiebathers, swimmersView synonyms
- ‘The beach site was littered with bathing suits, sunglasses, and rain gear, as if the castaways had just come from the mall.’
- ‘Change out of wet clothes, bathing suits, or sweaty clothes as soon as possible.’
- ‘Lily had wanted to buy a new bathing suit and a few more tank tops, but she found herself uninterested all of a sudden.’
- ‘Shown here is the aqua tiny tank that is perfect over one of those hot new bathing suits.’
- ‘The streets are brimming with vendors selling everything from bananas to bathing suits.’
- ‘Most of them were tourists with Hawaiian print shirts or just in bathing suits and loose shirts.’
- ‘She ended up buying two bathing suits, two tank tops and a skirt.’
- ‘Along with pink, check out the amazing flower prints blooming on everything from dresses and shirts to bathing suits and coverups.’
- ‘But as important as a sound back may be to us, summer is coming and we also want to look good in tank tops, bathing suits and strapless dresses.’
- ‘Instead of high-tech bathing suits, she was surrounded by high-priced business suits.’
- ‘Lauren and Jade went up to Lauren's bedroom, to change into their bikini bathing suits.’
- ‘They are basically extensions of Speedo bathing suits with just a little more spandex.’
- ‘Both Abby and Carolena had shorts and a shirt on over their bathing suits.’
- ‘Remember, however, to match the color of your sandals to that of your bathing suit.’
- ‘Nobody wants to wear wet bathing suits, or dirty bathing suits, so pack at least two.’
- ‘She looked at both bathing suits, then at me, then at the bathing suits again.’
- ‘She had on shorts and a tank top over her bathing suit, and she smiled at him as he walked in.’
- ‘I loved my bathing suit: a French cut bikini with a red and black checkerboard design.’
- ‘Not long ago, we were shopping for bathing suits and tank tops for those beautiful, hot summer days.’
- ‘I decided to put on a loose white blouse with a pair of white capris, under which I wore my bathing suit.’
bathing suit/ˈbāT͟HiNG ˌso͞ot/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.