One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
July 14, the date of the storming of the Bastille in 1789, celebrated as a national holiday in France.
- ‘Today the French celebrate July 14, 1789, as Bastille Day!’
- ‘It's also Independence Day in the USA, and Bastille Day in France.’
- ‘And in some cases it's setting off more fireworks than a Bastille Day celebration.’
- ‘The school held a Bastille Day as French is its second language.’
- ‘The French favourite finished five minutes 19 seconds clear to give the locals a Bastille Day to remember after a gruelling ride in the Massif Central.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.