One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The biggest part of it, however, was the fear that my colleagues would disapprove of the blog as a bastardization of our profession - and, by extension, a bad reflection on the scholarly side of my cv.’
- ‘It is a crass, superficial bastardization that demonstrates quite clearly, in my opinion, that the people involved with its creation didn't even fully understand the source material they were adapting.’
- ‘And for those few people who actually did know anything about them, most considered their music to be amateurish, a joke - if not simply ridiculous, then a sick and offensive bastardization of ‘real’ music.’
- ‘So I am meandering and it's peaceful and I am going over tomorrow night's trick in my head and I happened upon the paper products aisle, the very place they sell that bastardization of a kitchen product called plastic wrap.’
- ‘Some people lament the fact that most cellphones have some Mozart tune as their ringer, calling it ‘a bastardization of classical music.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.