One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A clef placing F below middle C on the second-highest line of the staff.
- ‘We practice writing bass clefs and the five corresponding lines.’
- ‘Two parts are scored in treble clef and two parts in bass clef, with suggested instruments listed for each part.’
- ‘Continuing either up or down to the next octave, we have C as 2 ledger lines above the treble or below the bass clefs.’
- ‘I studied piano for eight years and never learned to read the bass clef.’
- ‘Another popular approach uses the landmark notes of ‘G’ and ‘F’ and makes use of the terms ‘G clef’ and ‘F clef’ instead of treble and bass clef.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.