One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A clef placing F below middle C on the second-highest line of the staff.
- ‘I studied piano for eight years and never learned to read the bass clef.’
- ‘Two parts are scored in treble clef and two parts in bass clef, with suggested instruments listed for each part.’
- ‘Another popular approach uses the landmark notes of ‘G’ and ‘F’ and makes use of the terms ‘G clef’ and ‘F clef’ instead of treble and bass clef.’
- ‘We practice writing bass clefs and the five corresponding lines.’
- ‘Continuing either up or down to the next octave, we have C as 2 ledger lines above the treble or below the bass clefs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.