One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A basophilic white blood cell.
- ‘However, we do not discount the possibility that other cells types, such as mast cells or basophils, may also contribute to the production of Th2 cytokines in this model.’
- ‘Those thought to play critical roles are mast cells, basophils, eosinophils, lymphocytes, and the airway epithelium.’
- ‘Products of complement activation cause smooth muscle contraction and increased vascular permeability and induce degranulation of phagocytic cells, mast cells, and basophils.’
- ‘There are five types of white blood cells, each with a specific job: neutrophils, lymphocytes, eosinophils, basophils, and monocytes.’
- ‘During the late phase, cytokines are released that prolong inflammation and activate eosinophils, basophils, lymphocytes and mast cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.